Yoga Alliance International® awards the title of Certified Yoga School (CYS®) to yoga schools and training centers whose education programs and values meet its international standards and abide by its ethical code of conduct.
Being a YAI certified school is being part of a worldwide network of yoga education providers that work together as a community to spread the authentic values of Yoga around the world.
As A CYS, You Get All The Benefits Of A Yoga Alliance International Membership:
- Enjoy a lifetime membership, without any annual subscription fees
- Upgrade your school to higher levels of qualification for free. YAI supports your creativity.
- Get additional branches of your school certified at a preferential tariff
- Run certified teacher trainings anywhere in the world
- Offer worldwide certification to your students and encourage their progress.
- Be part of a trustworthy community dedicated to fostering the authentic values of Yoga.
- Share the authentic values of yoga with your students and introduce them to a trustworthy community.
- Get our support anytime, anywhere, we are always available to guide you.
- Be part of a worldwide community.
Yoga schools that wish to register with us and use the title and mark of Certified Yoga School (CYS), must submit their training syllabus for our review and agree to maintain a curriculum that meets our standards.
- Review the Certified Yoga Schools’ Standards and Code of Conduct
- Download and complete the online application form
- Gather the requested documents and send them to us via email or attach them to your application form: email@example.com
- We will examine your application and get in touch with you within a 7 working days to suggest an online interview to finalise your application.
The assessment process involves a thorough review by the Yoga Alliance International standards committee. At times, it may be necessary for the standards committee to raise questions or seek clarification about the application. The application may be annulled when the applicant fails to answer these questions timeously. Applicants are notified about their application status by email within four weeks of receiving the application, and it may take up to eight weeks before application is approved and granted, depending on the completeness of the application and ancillary documents.
Applicants are advised to make the one-time payment for certification fee upon approval of application.
The Certificate of Registration is emailed to the yoga school upon receiving full payment.